Training and qualifications have always been the subject of debate in FM. Needs have been defined, systems have been structured, criteria have been set and new opportunities have appeared regularly. But many still believe practical knowledge and experience count for more.
This i-FM Briefing brings you a round-up of the views and insights offered by a range of experts in this subject area. Click on the links below to read:
• Peter Forshaw, Maxwell Stephens, on career building strategies
• Chris Morris, Xenon Group, on the real value of qualifications
• John Lambert, Interserve, on a leading provider’s approach to this important issue
• Graham Eveleigh, BaxterStorey, on why training is a core business function
• Linda Hausmanis, BIFM, on the range of options and benefits for training in FM.
And how do FMs themselves see the role of training and qualifications in their own careers? Where do employers stand on the issues? How are training budgets holding up under recessionary conditions?
To get a quick picture of how individuals and organisations look at training, we carried out an i-FM 30-second survey inviting practitioners’ views on the key issues.
Click here to read the results.
Copyright © 1999 - 2017 - All Rights Reserved - i-FM.net